Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeremy Thompson <je...@warehousesports.com> on 2014/10/14 23:41:45 UTC

handler pass to php

Hello all,
We have written a handler for apache that talks to our point of sales
software.  At this point the POS software renders a lot of the html itself
and sends it back through apache.  We would however, like to be able to
integrate PHP to offload some of this work.  The problem right now is that
once the handler catches the request it renders and sends its through never
reaching PHP.  This is the same whether or not PHP is built as a fcgi or
apache2handler.  I'm pretty sure the problem is that our handler is not
passing any info forward.  Its taking the request sending it to our software
and returning the rendered page.  Would the apache modules book cover this
or are there any examples of playing nice with the other plugins?  Thanks.

~Jeremy

Re: handler pass to php

Posted by Joe Lewis <jl...@silverhawk.net>.
I'd consider having your handler fire off a subrequest.  The book should
cover this topic, but you can also look in the source for some examples (or
google "ap_run_sub_req" and review the results).  You just want the php
handler set for it.

Joe

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM, Jeremy Thompson <jeremy@warehousesports.com