Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/10 00:20:53 UTC

tapestry.formos.com is down temporarily

I'm in the process of rebuilding tapestry.formos.com (the server that
runs continuous integration builds, hosts the Maven snapshot
repository and the nightly project documentation).

I've hit a bunch of snags moving from an old version of CentOS to a
new version of Ubuntu, so it'll be down through the weekend.

My goal for this server is to go beyond CI and make it an auxiliary
community site for Tapestry: hosting SVN, JIRA, Confluence and project
home pages for any interested Tapestry projects (that can't be hosted
directly at Apache).

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Re: tapestry.formos.com is down temporarily

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howard,
>
> I am very interested in that last thing - home pages for any Tapestry
> projects. I am looking for the best way to present the learning project
> which is going to evolve over time and which I will describe in my blog. As
> the project will evolve I intent to tag the stages, so one can pull out
> exactly what he/she wants. The project page should also look
> nice/professional. What technology did you have in mind for creating those
> project home pages?

I was thinking nothing more complicatd than Apache for static
resources and perhaps
Jetty or Tomcat to server dynamic pages behind the Apache reverse
proxy.  Plus there will be shell logins and Maven and Ant.

> Regards,
> Borut
>
> P.S. My Screencast.com's account went over 2GB limit in 2 days. Is there an
> alternative hosting site or a better way to prepare a flash not to start
> streaming without user pressing the play button?

Take a look a blip.tv, which is where I've been putting my screencasts.

Posted by Borut Bolčina <bo...@gmail.com>.
Howard,

Posted by Ben Acker <be...@me.com>.
You can try the -npu option - it suppresses up-to-date checks.

Posted by Steven Woolley <wo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah!   I guess I should google it, now that I know what to call them (not
that it was any stretch of the imagination)...Steve

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
like offline builds?

Posted by Steven Woolley <wo...@gmail.com>.