Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stefan Kraus <co...@arcor.de> on 2005/08/21 20:14:02 UTC

AXIS SMTP

hello,

does anyone have a simple example for a working webservice using smtp transport?
there are several similar questions in the mailing list archives, but there are no real answers.
there is a tutorial för apache soap using smtp2httpbridge, but this is not for axis.
if someone ever got a service running on smtp, i would be glad if i could have the code.

greetings
stefan

Re: AXIS SMTP

Posted by Ivan Velez <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I had the same question.  After going through
the source code I finally understood how to do it.  Also, following
the TCP trasport example in the axis samples directory helped a lot.
Following the TCP readme:
1. Start an SMTP server.
Instead of a TCPListener, start an
org.apache.axis.transport.mail.MailServer.  For this you also need an
accessible pop/smtp mail server running somewhere.  I used the James
mail server.
2. Deploy your service.
Modify the tcp AdminClient to make it work for mail protocol.
3. Run a client to test yout configuration.
Modify the tcp sample client.  In your client you also must:
a)set the mail tratsport to use: call.setTransport( new MailTransport() );
b)set all the mail properties like this:
call.setProperty(MailConstants.SMTP_HOST, "localhost");

Hope this helps,
-Ivan