Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jo...@noaa.gov on 2009/09/21 22:22:46 UTC

S2: @SkipValidation annotation

Hello All,

I'm having trouble getting the SkipValidation annotation to work.  I
have a single action w/ multiple methods. Some of the methods don't
require any input and I'd like to skip validation, e.g.

@SkipValidation
public String list() {
   return("list");
}

However the annotation does not seem to prevent the validate method from
running and short circuiting the process. I'm using Struts 2.0.14 and
have included an excerpt from my struts.xml below.  Can someone please
help me here?

Thanks!

--john

<action name="Test_*" method="{1}"
class="gov.noaa.ngdc.mgg.scufn.action.TestAction">
  <result name="input">TestInput.jsp</result>
  <result>TestSuccess.jsp</result>
  <result name="list">TestSuccess.jsp</result>
</action>