Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ma...@accenture.com on 2008/04/23 21:50:33 UTC

[orchestra] Question about orchestra

Hi, in my application I'm using Shale basic dialog manager and I need to
have two or more active dialogs on differents windows at same time. Now,
Shale does not work because it can manage just one dialog at the time.
Do I have any chance to use Orchestra to modify Shale and obtain the
expected result?

Thanks in advance

Mario

Re: [orchestra] Question about orchestra

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
mario.buonopane@accenture.com schrieb:
> Simon, thank for the response.
> I tried to read the documentation but I don't really anderstand what
> Orchestra do. I understood that Orchestra give the possibility to define
> a Managed Bean with a scope "Conversation". But how can start a
> conversation?

A conversation is started at the time the bean is accessed, this was a
design decision realtively early on in the development of Orchestra.
The point simply is that in most if not all cases manual conversation
triggering is not needed because as soon as you need a bean which is
declared as conversational you expect it to be under conversation anyway.
It also makes more sense in the way spring handles its scopes which
follow a similar route of declaring a bean scope in spring and then
expecting the bean to be under that scope.
If you need to bind beans which have lifetimes than your conversational
bean you always can use aop:scope proxy to weave a proxy around those beans.
This way you can bind a conversational bean to an application or
sesssion scoped bean without making a mem leak.

RE: [orchestra] Question about orchestra

Posted by ma...@accenture.com.
Simon, thank for the response.
I tried to read the documentation but I don't really anderstand what
Orchestra do. I understood that Orchestra give the possibility to define
a Managed Bean with a scope "Conversation". But how can start a
conversation?

Sorry if the answer is in some doc I did not read or understand!

Thanks in advance
Mario

> Hi, in my application I'm using Shale basic dialog manager and I need
> to have two or more active dialogs on differents windows at same time.
> Now, Shale does not work because it can manage just one dialog at the
> time. Do I have any chance to use Orchestra to modify Shale and obtain
> the expected result?

I don't know a lot about Shale, so cannot offer any advice there.

Orchestra definitely does support multiple conversations at the same
time.

Regards,
Simon

Re: [orchestra] Question about orchestra

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.