Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Li-Chun Ko <li...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/04 14:53:58 UTC

ReadDesc: No matching branch for apache-mynewt-core repo

Hi all,

When I was following the instructions of the "Create your first project"
tutorial today, I got "ReadDesc: No matching branch for apache-mynewt-core
repo" right after I enter "newt install" (no problem  on the "newt new
myproj" part).

Is this a problem of the repo or my local computer? The example used to
work before I upgrade to go 1.7. I tried vers: 1-latest and vers: 0-dev and
neither worked.

Br,
Lichun

Re: ReadDesc: No matching branch for apache-mynewt-core repo

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
I don't think this problem will come up anymore with any version of
newt.  Older versions of newt will download the develop branch of
blinky, which correctly references the new URLs now.

Going forward, new versipns of newt will retrieve the blinky tag which
corresponds to the version of newt being used.  Assuming we create the
1.1.0 tag of blinky off of master, this will also reference the correct
URLs.

Chris

Posted by Sheela Kiiskila <sh...@runtime.io>.

Posted by Li-Chun Ko <li...@gmail.com>.
Yes it works! Thank for all your prompt responses guys!

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.
Slight correction:

Posted by Christopher Collins <ch...@runtime.io>.

Posted by Sterling Hughes <st...@gmail.com>.