Posted to user@ant.apache.org by KrustyDerClown <Kr...@gmx.de> on 2005/12/29 18:17:52 UTC

for-each Task

Hello,

why is the for-each Task from http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/ not a part of the official ANT Version 1.6.5?

Is there any reason for that?

To program a loop in a ANT Build file i have no really alternative or have I ?

Greets Oliver

RE: for-each Task

Posted by Bill Rich <bi...@wilandra.com>.
IMHO, procedural tasks do not belong in Ant. Ant is a rules driven system.

Yes, I have used the procedural tasks from Ant Contrib and yes, I think they
are useful. But, they don't belong in Ant core. I always try to implement
the Ant file in pure Ant first, and, only as a last resort do I use the
extension tasks to do what I want. It is a conscious decision to deviate
from the Ant core.

Bill

To program a loop in a ANT Build file i have no really alternative or have I
?

Greets Oliver