Posted to dev@kudu.apache.org by hz...@corp.netease.com on 2019/10/25 11:34:45 UTC

回复: [VOTE] Apache Kudu 1.11.0-RC3

Hi Yifan,

Thanks for your report, but I guess that's a known problem. In the previous
patch submitted by Yingchun, it has improved the output of the defective
value, especially for the historical range partitioned tables. At the same
time, the problems you found in the master's metrics and kudu CLI tool are
real. But both of them have a lower priority in my opinion, and shouldn't
block the release. As your said we can fix them in the next version.

+1
Ran both debug and release mode on debian8.9, all c++ tests passed except
client_symbol-test as I made a soft link on directory "bin".

何李夫
2019-10-25 19:34:19

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+0

I built and ran tests in DEBUG configuration (fast mode) on macOS
X 10.13.6.  Some of them failed.  The majority of failures are due to
kerberos-related issues in HMS-related tests:

     18 - client-test.6 (Failed)
    131 - master_failover-itest.0 (Failed)
    132 - master_failover-itest.1 (Failed)
    133 - master_failover-itest.2 (Failed)
    138 - master_sentry-itest.0 (Failed)
    139 - master_sentry-itest.1 (Failed)
    140 - master_sentry-itest.2 (Failed)
    141 - master_sentry-itest.3 (Failed)
    142 - master_sentry-itest.4 (Failed)
    143 - master_sentry-itest.5 (Failed)
    144 - master_sentry-itest.6 (Failed)
    145 - master_sentry-itest.7 (Failed)
    199 - sentry_authz_provider-test.0 (Failed)
    200 - sentry_authz_provider-test.1 (Failed)
    201 - sentry_authz_provider-test.2 (Failed)
    202 - sentry_authz_provider-test.3 (Failed)
    203 - sentry_authz_provider-test.4 (Failed)
    204 - sentry_authz_provider-test.5 (Failed)
    205 - sentry_authz_provider-test.6 (Failed)
    206 - sentry_authz_provider-test.7 (Failed)
    233 - sentry_client-test (Failed)
    236 - webserver-test (Failed)
    298 - kudu-tool-test.3 (Failed)
    313 - tablet_server-test (Failed)
    391 - trace-test (Failed)

I think it should not block the release given macOS is a development-only
platform for Kudu.

I also built the code tagged 1.11.0-RC3 at CentOS6.6.  I played with the
'live_row_count' metric.  I found that both 'masterWebServerURL:/metrics'
and 'kudu table statistics' report live row count correspondingly if
running new binaries with old data.  However:
  1. Running 1.11.0 master with 1.10.0 tablet servers report 0 at
'masterWebServerURL:/metrics' and in the output of 'kudu tablet statistics'.
  2. Running 1.11.0 kudu CLI tool against 1.10.0 cluster reports an error:
'Remote error: failed to get table statistics.: Invalid argument: Call on
service kudu.master.MasterService received at a.b.c.d:x from a.b.c.d:y with
an invalid method name: GetTableStatistics'
  3. Running 1.11.0 master and some 1.11.0 tablet servers, and the rest
1.10.0 tablet servers returns inconsistent results for the 'live_row_count'
and on_disk_size metrics.  For example:
    TABLE default.loadgen_auto_1fe440bbeb25446fb6f98bd9e0aa473a
    on disk size: 42139829
    live row count: 1246
  When running all tablet servers with 1.11.0 version the results were
    TABLE default.loadgen_auto_1fe440bbeb25446fb6f98bd9e0aa473a
    on disk size: 67423947
    live row count: 2000

I don't think anything of that is a no-go for the release, though.  I think
we can document the issues with the newly introduced metrics in the release
notes and fix them in the future 1.12 release.

Thanks,

Alexey

Posted by Andrew Wong <aw...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1

Posted by Hao Hao <ha...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Grant Henke <gh...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Alexey Serbin <as...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
I'm surprised we got non-0 count for a table with a mix of legacy and new
tablets.  I hope that doesn't bring any incompatibilities, so we could
address that in the future 1.12 release.  It would help if we had a JIRA
with documented reproduction scenarios.

I'll update the release notes in branch-1.11.x w.r.t. the behavior of the
'live_row_count' metric. If this RC pass, the note will get into the
branch, but not into the released source tarball.

Let's extend the vote deadline till 6 pm PDT (Mon Oct 28 18:00:00 PDT 2019).

Thanks,

Alexey

Posted by Adar Lieber-Dembo <ad...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1