Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Nuttall <dn...@dnlt.com> on 2002/09/30 17:56:19 UTC

[users@httpd] DSO compile of mod_auth_mysql

Environment:  RedHat 7.3/i386
Apache 2.0.42
Compile and Install Apache in /data/apache
Install MySQL via RPMS from www.mysql.com
mod_auth_mysql from SourceForce (as maintained by Sam Brauer)

We can't figure out why we can't create the *.so for mod_auth_mysql.
Seems like the rc=65536 may be an indicator, but we don't know WHO can say
what causes that kind of an error message.

Please e-mail if any of the following makes sense to you:

With mod_auth_mysql source in the current directory, execute:
/data/apache/bin/apxs -c -D APACHE2 -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient \
   -lm -lz mod_auth_mysql.c

Results appear to be OK, per off-line with Sam.

Follow that with:
/data/apache/bin/apxs -i mod_auth_mysql.la

WHICH PRODUCES THE FOLLOWING OUTPUT:
/data/apache/build/libtool --mode=install cp mod_auth_mysql.la
/data/apache/modules/
cp .libs/mod_auth_mysql.lai /data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.la
cp .libs/mod_auth_mysql.a /data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.a
ranlib /data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.a
chmod 644 /data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.a
PATH="$PATH:/sbin" ldconfig -n /data/apache/modules
Libraries have been installed in:
   /data/apache/modules

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
     during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
     during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
   - have your system administrator add LIBDIR to `/etc/ld.so.conf'

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
mv: cannot move `/data/apache/modules' to a subdirectory of itself,
`/data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so'
chmod 755 /data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so
chmod: getting attributes of `/data/apache/modules/mod_auth_mysql.so':  No
such file or directory
apxs:Error:  Command failed with rc:65536