Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 22:17:40 UTC

Re: Concurrency Utilities for Java EE

I just checked in the implementation of the Concurrency Utilities for
Java EE draft specification into svn. You can get the code from
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/concurrent or browse
it via http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/geronimo/sandbox/concurrent/.

There are still a few things missing from this implementation like
transaction or OpenEJB support, etc. In fact, to get this
implementation working with Geronimo right now you have to apply the
geronimo.trunk.patch file in the root directory.

I also have some test code (that I didn't check in yet) that shows how
these concurrency utilities would be used in an application.

Quick description of the key modules:

geronimo-concurrent_spec - the spec API
geronimo-concurrent-management - Geronimo-specific management interfaces (JMX)
geronimo-concurrent-core - basic implementation of the API. It does
not have any dependencies on Geronimo.
geronimo-concurrent - Geronimo-specific implementation of the API.
Extends the basic implementation and provides integration with
Geronimo.
geronimo-concurrent-builder - processes resource-env-ref references in
DDs and annotations.

Jarek