Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Eric Evans <ee...@debian.org> on 2009/04/15 05:09:31 UTC

Thrift in Debian

Greetings,

I just wanted to drop the list a quick note to let everyone know that
I've filed an ITP[1] (Intent To Package), and started the process of
getting Thrift included in Debian.

Eric Evans
eevans@debian.org

Re: Thrift in Debian

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@sym-link.com>.
[ Esteve Fernandez ]
> I regularly build experimental packages for Ubuntu and post them to my
> Launchpad PPA [1]. When we (Fluidinfo) test them and think they're fairly
> stable, we copy them to the txAMQP Team PPA [2]
>
> We've packages for the Thrift compiler, along with some of its bindings
> (Python, Java, C++, Ruby, Erlang, Perl and C#)
>
> I'd love to see Thrift being included in Debian!

Great. If you have any interest in collaborating on this, let me know.
What I have so far can be found here:

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/eevans/thrift.git

--
Eric Evans
eevans@debian.org

Re: Thrift in Debian

Posted by Esteve Fernandez <es...@sindominio.net>.
Hi Eric

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 05:09:31 Eric Evans wrote:
> I just wanted to drop the list a quick note to let everyone know that
> I've filed an ITP[1] (Intent To Package), and started the process of
> getting Thrift included in Debian.

There's an ongoing discussion at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-71 along with some patches.

I regularly build experimental packages for Ubuntu and post them to my
Launchpad PPA [1]. When we (Fluidinfo) test them and think they're fairly
stable, we copy them to the txAMQP Team PPA [2]

We've packages for the Thrift compiler, along with some of its bindings
(Python, Java, C++, Ruby, Erlang, Perl and C#)

I'd love to see Thrift being included in Debian!

Cheers.

1 - https://launchpad.net/~esteve/+archive/ppa
2 - https://launchpad.net/~txamqpteam/+archive/ppa