Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thushantha De Alwis <ra...@opensource.lk> on 2006/02/24 06:40:44 UTC

[Axis2] Writing Axis2 Client

Hi All

I have successfully deployed a WebService called "Echo"

So I want to invoke that web service. For that I tried to write a client.
When writing it I used the following code
sample got from 0.93 release.

try{
 EndpointReference targetEPR =3D new EndpointReference(
     "http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/StockQuoteService");

 // Make the request message
 OMFactory fac =3D OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
 OMNamespace omNs =3D fac.createOMNamespace(
     "http://www.developerworks.com/example", "example");
 OMElement payload =3D fac.createOMElement("subscribe", omNs);
 payload.setText("IBM");

 // Send the request
 MessageSender msgSender =3D new MessageSender();
 msgSender.setTo(targetEPR);
 msgSender.setSenderTransport(Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP);
 msgSender.send("subscribe", payload);
 }catch (AxisFault axisFault) {
     axisFault.printStackTrace();
 }

But Messagesender was depricated.

Is there any other way to write a client to invike the service. I went
through 0.94 release document also. If some
one have very simple code for cient to invike a service please send me.

Best Regards
Thushantha

RE: [Axis2] Writing Axis2 Client

Posted by do...@yahoo.de.
Hello Thushantha,

use ServiceClient instead of the deprecated
MessageSender the following way:

EndpointReference endpoint = new
EndpointReference("http://...");
Options ops = new Options();
op.setTo(endpoint);
op.setTransportInProtocol(org.apache.axis2.Constants.TRANSPORT_HTTP);
op.setUseSeparateListener(false);
ServiceClient sc = new ServiceClient();
sc.setOptions(ops);

--