Posted to user@poi.apache.org by poiinfoseeker <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/02 05:44:25 UTC

MS Excel error while opening xls generated using poi-3.7-20101029.jarjar

Hi,

I am using the stable version of apache poi jars to create xls files using a
servlet.
I am able to save the xls to the disk . Howeve when I try to open this file
xls crashes and comes up with error report. Next Excel autorepairs the
document and opens the sheet which does not have any format
i created. The data is intact though.

Can some one please help with this?

Re: MS Excel error while opening xls generated using poi-3.7-20101029.jarjar

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
Can you try with the latest POI 3.8 beta5 ? Many bugs have been fixed
since the version 3.7, including problems with readability in excel.

If the problem is still there, please post sample code to reproduce it.

Yegor