Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "post@gregperry.co.uk" <po...@gregperry.co.uk> on 2005/09/22 18:56:39 UTC

Single Sign-on in Tomcat for Slide & Client Application

Hi,

I am currently trying to use single sign-on within Tomcat to get access to Slide content after logging in to a client application.

I can log into the client application okay, but when the application attempts to retrieve a WebDAVResource through Slide, Slide does not recognise the credentials that were entered in the Client app:

WARN [http-8080-Processor25] - No credentials available for the 'SlideDAVServer' authentication realm at localhost

This then leads to my application throwing an error when it tries to retrieve a WebDAVResource. This is because there are no user credentials in the HttpUrl object that is passed to the constructor of the WebDAVResource class.

I have the following set up:

- Both Slide and the client application are deployed in Tomcat 5.5.9

- I have enabled single-sign on in Tomcat's server.xml file

- Both applications use the same roles when specifying security constraints in their web.xml files

- I authenticate users against an LDAP service

- Slide is currently using BASIC authentication, the Client is using FORM-based authentication

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance,

Greg