Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Heligon Sandra <Sa...@nextream.fr> on 2002/07/11 16:12:10 UTC

Problem with session ojects: memory size, updates

	Sorry, my english level isn't very good.

	I read that the Struts framework doesn't make (oblige)
	to use one particular model implementation (EJB, JavaDataObject,
JavaBean, ...).
	But the JavaBean solution is understood or greatly recommended,
isn't it ?
	Because struts uses JSP to display data and JSP pages use JavaBean
tags.
	If  we work whit XML representations of  remote business objects, is
it better to
	use struts XSL tags rather than generate JavaBean from the XML
description ?
	The XSL solution requires to know XSL tags and  is slower and more
complex.
	With JavaBean solution I am frightened having memory or request time
	problem.
	The user does a request, the selected Action gets business data from
the
	enterprise tier, generates one or several JavaBean instances and
stores the JavaBean
	in the HttpSession.
	But the HttpSession size will grow quickly.
	It is difficult to know when we have to store data in request scope
or session scope.
	Has somebody advices about this dilemma?
	I am tending to put data systematically in HttpSession in order to
reduce network traffic if the user
	ask again this page.
	What is the max size of the session objects ?
	If we user rights on the business objects, we will have the same
	JavaBean in several HttpSessions.
	What do you think about this problem ?

	A last question if we have numerous session objects, when we will
have to update one
	of them it will be very slow to find it in the list.
	Do you have advices about that ?
	Is the JavaBean/HttpSession solution realistic with "real-time"
data?

	Thanks a lot in advance.