Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Liyu,She" <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 17:35:29 UTC

[users@httpd] How to switch to a lot of different users with suexec?

Dear all,

I am trying to write a configuration file with which I can allow users
of the same group(freeos) have their own homepages and cgi-bin
directories for them to execute their own cgi programs. So I tried
suexec, but here comes the problem - suexec can only switch to a
certain user, as far as I know, and it needs the directories, which
these users' cgi programs are in, and the cgi programs to be exactly
owned by the USER and GROUP specified by SuexecUserGroup in the
context of VIRTUALHOST in http.conf.
 So how could I make sure that each user execute their own program as
themselves, not as apache/daemon? Could anyone tell me? Thank you so
much.

Best regards.
Liyu, She

Re: [users@httpd] How to switch to a lot of different users with suexec?

Posted by "Liyu,She" <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a million, Joshua. I'll certainly try it out.

liyushe

http://bbs.stu.edu.cn/cgi-bin/bbsqry?userid=sly

Re: [users@httpd] How to switch to a lot of different users with suexec?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.