Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" <We...@fao.org> on 2000/09/18 15:44:17 UTC

RE: Documentation on new features added to STRUTS?

Hi all,

I'm not sure if anyone else is working in the tool referred by  Pierre
Metras' 08/25/2000 email to struts-user. I started this tool I called
FBBuilder (Form Bean Builder, of course), and I'm not having much time to
improve it as required, so I decided to publish my tentative approach to the
problem as it is and let us all work on it.

I'm not properly receiving struts-dev messages, I think, so, if there's
anyone else working with this, let's see what to do.

The idea is really simple:

I used a brute force wrapping to the JSP file to make it palatable to a SAX2
parser, stripping it to it's bare tags, then I just got the property
attribute of a number of selected struts tags and assemble a FormBean class
skeleton with the properties recognised. If you find it very primitive or
inelegant, be aware that I think it is too.
Using Jasper would be much more effective, but I got no time to adapt it.

And it is working, after all, and I though it as a starting point.

Hope it can be.

I put it in a package called org.apache.struts.tools, I think it's a
reasonable name. Attached you'll find the source and a little read me.

Wellington Silva
UN/FAO

 <<FBBuilder.java>>  <<readme.txt>>