Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ray Anderson <rs...@rb-com.com> on 2004/12/22 16:42:23 UTC

Spamassassin help

Second attempt:

Greetings, I've been using spamassassin 2.55 for a while now on Mandrake 9.2.

I have a list of URL's that are grouped to form a pretty big meta tag, and this has worked great for years now.  Recently, one
dirtbag message has found a way through the defenses and I can't figure out where it's breaking.  The interesting thing is that if I
forward this message to myself it works fine, and uses my custom body checks.

I have verified that womenhavebeen.com *IS* in my body_checks list (in my local.cf), but it seems that spamassassin just ignores the
body_checks on the original message.

Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

Many thanks in advance,

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Wednesday, December 22, 2004, 8:38:04 AM, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 10:42 AM 12/22/2004, Ray Anderson wrote:
>>Greetings, I've been using spamassassin 2.55 for a while now on Mandrake 9.2.
>>
>>I have a list of URL's that are grouped to form a pretty big meta tag, and
>>this has worked great for years now.  Recently, one
>>dirtbag message has found a way through the defenses and I can't figure
>>out where it's breaking.  The interesting thing is that if I
>>forward this message to myself it works fine, and uses my custom body checks.
>>
>>I have verified that womenhavebeen.com *IS* in my body_checks list (in my
>>local.cf), but it seems that spamassassin just ignores the
>>body_checks on the original message.
>>
>>Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

> Well.. Can you give us some more clues as to what you're doing?

> What does your rule look like? is it a body rule? a rawbody rule, or a uri
> rule?

> If it is a body rule, then it won't match any urls that are inside a HTML
> tag. HTML tags are stripped prior to running body rules. Use rawbody, or
> uri rules instead.

Or upgrade to SA 3.0.2 and use the default URIDNSBL.pm
commands, which will catch most of these spams
automatically based on their contained URIs.  (Under
2.64 you could use SpamCopURI similarly.)

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org