Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/09/03 08:19:04 UTC

Maven plugin update

Hi,
I have an update notification in the IDE for Maven plugin, however, when I select to update the plugin, the IDE displays the following:

 Some plugins require plugin JNA to be installed.
 The plugin JNA is requested in version >= 1.11 (release version 1) but only 2.3 (of release version different from 1) was found.

The following plugin is affected:
      Subversion SvnKit Client Library

The "Cancel" button is activated and the "Next" button on the dialog box is deactivated. When I search the Netbeans Plugin Portal at http://plugins.netbeans.org/ I do not see any JNA plugin in any category.
How do I update the Maven plugin?
Thanks

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Bonne après-midi Bilu,
I tried deselecting the Netbeans Distribution UC as you indicated, however, it wiped all the update notifiations. I am interested to receive such notification and update plugins when possible.
Bonne journée
   On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 10:31:11 AM GMT+4:30, Bilu <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

In my case i get rid of this issue by deselecting the Netbeans Distribution UC in the plugins manager

 Le 03/09/2020 à 14:04, HRH a écrit :

 Actually, I could not find the SVN on my system (system-wide search for svn.et on Windows 10), or in the IDE Netbeans 12.0. Apparently, in the older version of the IDE (i.e. 7.x) there was a direct link from the Tools->Options->... but since it is no longer part of the IDE bundle, it is not easy to remove it. Any insights on how to remove the inconspicuous SVN module from Netbeans would be great.
  Thanks.

      On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 3:25:39 PM GMT+4:30, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

  Thanks, I will try to do that and hopefully get around this bottle neck.
  Thanks again
       On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 3:00:26 PM GMT+4:30, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

   On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 11:18, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
 > Thank you Neil for your prompt response. I am cognizant that SVN is not a Maven plugin. However, as I indicated earlier, I received an update for the Maven plugin. I hope that these screen captures can bring eliminate any ambiguity ..

 There isn't ambiguity, in the sense that it's the same issue as in the
 thread linked to, which I remember reading before.

 Why the existing dependency issue only gets triggered by the update I
 don't know, but I'm assuming that SVN module isn't actually enabled
 anyway, as its dependency isn't met?!  I'd try uninstalling that, or
 replacing it with the (unsupported!) version linked to in that thread.

 Best wishes,

 Neil

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by Bilu <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Neil,
Thanks for the suggestion. The crux is that the  Subversion SvnKit Client Library is not used, hence, searching for it in the fashion you suggest or other mechanisms will not render any search results.

    On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 2:32:54 PM GMT+4:30, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 13:05, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Actually, I could not find the SVN on my system (system-wide search for svn.et on Windows 10), or in the IDE Netbeans 12.0. Apparently, in the older version of the IDE (i.e. 7.x) there was a direct link from the Tools->Options->... but since it is no longer part of the IDE bundle, it is not easy to remove it. Any insights on how to remove the inconspicuous SVN module from Netbeans would be great.

Try the Installed tab in Tools / Plugins.  Select show details.  Then
try svn in the search, or just look through.  Anything?

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven plugin update

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Thank you Neil for your prompt response. I am cognizant thatSVN is not a Maven plugin. However, as I indicated earlier, I received anupdate for the Maven plugin. I hope that these screen captures can bringeliminate any ambiguity regarding my original post:
This is the update notification for Maven plugin:

Next, I right-clicked on the notification to update Maven:

 Finally, this is the IDE response to the Maven notification:

 As shown in the last screen capture, the only option is tocancel the update. Hence, my question in the original post was “How to updatethe Maven plugin?”

Thanks

    On Thursday, September 3, 2020, 12:59:07 PM GMT+4:30, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Thu, 3 Sep 2020 at 09:19, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> The following plugin is affected:
>      Subversion SvnKit Client Library
>
> The "Cancel" button is activated and the "Next" button on the dialog box is deactivated. When I search the Netbeans Plugin Portal at http://plugins.netbeans.org/ I do not see any JNA plugin in any category.
>
> How do I update the Maven plugin?

This isn't the Maven plugin!  That SVN module isn't supported.  Check
out more info in
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rff2fba21a9fb18ccccd15160f7c1c02ecded948ae5e7a192749b09ec%40%3Cdev.netbeans.apache.org%3E

Best wishes,

Neil