Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Simon Nunn <si...@adelphia.net> on 2006/01/22 02:34:49 UTC

Newbie help

I am running into the following error when running java2wsdl/wsdl2java ant
tasks...how do I
correct it?

" Type {http://sql.java}Timestamp is referenced but not defined."

Re: Newbie help

Posted by Cyrille Le Clerc <cy...@pobox.com>.
   Hello Simon,

   The common java type to map a date in SOAP messages is
java.util.Calendar. You should prefer Calendar to java.util.Date,
java.sql.Date, java.sql.Timestamp or java.sql.Time.
   It is the best practice ; everybody will expect this even if some
people will find it is awkward.

   Note that the java.util.Date sould be supported by javaToWsdl but
it is not a best practice.

   Some resources :
- Axis doc "How your Java types map to SOAP XML types" :
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html#HowYourJavaTypesMapToSOAPXMLTypes
- BEA doc "Data Types and Data Binding" :
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs91/webserv/data_types.html

   Hope this helps,

   Cyrille

--