Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2006/09/15 21:50:53 UTC

Need description for "Core 1.1.4 is not backwards-compatible with Tomahawk 1.1.3." in 1.1.4 annoucmenent

Mike,
Please add a description, or link to one, about the following statement
in in the announcement.

  Core 1.1.4 is not backwards-compatible with Tomahawk 1.1.3.

The description should include instruction on what a developer must
change for 1.1.4 to work with their 1.1.3 application.

Paul Spencer

Re: Need description for "Core 1.1.4 is not backwards-compatible with Tomahawk 1.1.3." in 1.1.4 annoucmenent

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Mike,
I added you text, although with some minor changes.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Done.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
I move the warning to the matrix page and placed Wendy's text in the
announcement.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
> The following page has been changed by PaulSpencer:
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CoreRelease114
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Added Mike Kienenberger's descriptive text to the announcement

The only problem I see with this is that it's far too verbose.

The section which basically says we're incompatible is now larger than
the rest of the announcement, and the information imparted isn't
really of much significant value.  Most people don't care why.  They
only care if.

Re: Need description for "Core 1.1.4 is not backwards-compatible with Tomahawk 1.1.3." in 1.1.4 annoucmenent

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
> Also, to help users figure out what can be expected to work together:
>
>    http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CompatibilityMatrix
>
> (It could be expanded to show which component libraries work together, as well.)

Great idea.  I don't know how maintainable it is, but I've updated it.

Re: Need description for "Core 1.1.4 is not backwards-compatible with Tomahawk 1.1.3." in 1.1.4 annoucmenent

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Wendy,
I added a link to the matrix.  I also made some minor visual changes to
the matrix.  Feel free to back them out if you do not like them.

Paul Spencer

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hey Paul.