Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Chamberlain <ri...@caplin.com> on 2009/01/14 10:47:22 UTC

only building sub-modules if changed

Hi all,

I have a large multi-module build with alot of tests. It would be good
to split this out into separate builds, but i don't think the boundaries
are well enough defined between modules yet.

In the meantime, I'd like to only build a sub-module if the source has
changed, or a dependency has changed. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Rich

Re: only building sub-modules if changed

Posted by Geoffrey Wiseman <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:47 AM, Richard Chamberlain <
richard.chamberlain@caplin.com> wrote:

> I have a large multi-module build with alot of tests. It would be good
> to split this out into separate builds, but i don't think the boundaries
> are well enough defined between modules yet.
>
> In the meantime, I'd like to only build a sub-module if the source has
> changed, or a dependency has changed. Is this possible?

AFAIK, this is:

   - Not currently possible, short of doing all the work yourself.
   - A desired feature <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2576> targeted
   for an upcoming Maven release.

  - Geoffrey
--