Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Alejandro Ramirez <Ja...@wanadoo.es> on 2000/09/27 15:31:22 UTC

Re[2]: [newbie] memory footprint

Hola,

SB> What if the first XXX files all depend on the rest of the files? javac
er.. yes, let me bang my head on keyboard >CLONK!<

SB> will pick up all sources it needs to compile your first chunk,
SB> possible all 598 of them.

I tried writing many javac but due to dependencies JDK13 didnĀ“t get
much better. Jikes only uses 30MB (far below the 80MB of JDK13), so I
think we will suggest using Jikes.

--
Thanks for all the replies,
 Alejandro

Re: Re[2]: [newbie] memory footprint

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 AR> er.. yes, let me bang my head on keyboard >CLONK!<

Ouch. Don't do that (you are the second person offering to torture his
keyboard today 8^).

 AR> so I think we will suggest using Jikes.

I would have suggested to do so anyway - but thought I'd leave this to
Pete Donald - jikes is supposed to be a lot faster as well.

Stefan