Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Alex Soto <al...@envieta.com> on 2019/12/05 14:45:38 UTC

Programmatic JAAS authentication with X.509 certificate

Hello,

I am looking for an example (using Karaf’s JAAS framework) on how to programmatically authenticate using a X.509 certificate. My use case is that I have a directory where files can be dropped by some unknown user;  each file contains a  x509 certificate (extracted from a digital signature, but this is irrelevant) , which I need to use to authorize the processing of the file.

From what I’ve read here:  https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/manual/src/main/asciidoc/developer-guide/security-framework.adoc <https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/manual/src/main/asciidoc/developer-guide/security-framework.adoc>  and https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_realms <https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/#_realms> there is a PublickeyLoginModule which looks like it may useful for my use case, but I don’t know how I can use it programmatically.   I appreciate any hints or pointers.

Best regards,
Alex soto