Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kostas Karadamoglou <ka...@yahoo.gr> on 2005/04/28 21:32:18 UTC

Questions about x:inputFileUpload

Hi, I would like to use the x:inputFileUpload but I don't know how

What I have already done is only the filter in the web xml file.

I want to ask you some specific questions

1) Which is the absolute path of the directory that sotes the uploaded
files? (Considering that in the web.xml I define a relative path)
2) What should be the type of the attribute that is binded with the
value parameter of the x:inputFileUpload?
3)Where can I find more information about using the x:inputFileUpload?

Thank you in advance, Kostas

Re: Questions about x:inputFileUpload

Posted by Jaroslav Rychna <ja...@centrum.cz>.
You must also set form to right encoding for uploading files:

<h:form enctype="multipart/form-data">

jarin

Posted by David Tashima <da...@gmail.com>.
Check:
1) your filter is correct
2) your action should look like the action in the example file (I
honestly have no idea what these really do, but they look awfully
important):

        FacesContext facesContext = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance();
        facesContext.getExternalContext().getApplicationMap().put("fileupload_bytes",
_upFile.getBytes());
        facesContext.getExternalContext().getApplicationMap().put("fileupload_type",
_upFile.getContentType());
        facesContext.getExternalContext().getApplicationMap().put("fileupload_name",
_upFile.getName());

Posted by Kostas Karadamoglou <ka...@yahoo.gr>.

Posted by David Tashima <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kostas Karadamoglou <ka...@yahoo.gr>.