Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ray Camden <ra...@adobe.com> on 2014/10/03 12:41:12 UTC

project version info

I¹m posting this here as opposed to the Google Group as it seems like the
type of thing that may have been discussed, then turned down, and I
figured this list was best to answer why.

Unless I¹m not seeing it, there is no way to tell what version of the CLI
was used to build a project. Oddly ³cordova info² will return Cordova
version, but for me, the # makes no sense. Here is one I got with a recent
project: 0.21.13.

Is there a reason why 3.6.3 isn¹t returned and not saved in config.xml?

I¹m assuming it is because plugin version info is more important, but I
can definitely seeing wanting to know what CLI version was used.

Re: project version info

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Having our cli and platform versions so similar is going to confuse people.

Lets skip version 4 and bump cli straight to version 10.

Re: project version info

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.

Re: project version info

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
Ray I really appreciate you helping to bridge the gap between cordova
developers and cordova's users. I think the work you do is very valuable
for our community! Thanks and keep it up!

Re: project version info

Posted by Ray Camden <ra...@adobe.com>.

Re: project version info

Posted by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com>.

Re: project version info

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Yes, you have my permission to quote, though I'm happy to have it be
presented as a summary without attribution as well.

-Michal

Re: project version info

Posted by Ray Camden <ra...@adobe.com>.

Re: project version info