Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Smith <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/26 04:10:55 UTC

[users@httpd] redirect non-existing directory request to that directory with file name appended

Right now I have this:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule . /index.cfm [L]

Which works, but does not do what I want

Rather than redirecting to the root index.cfm, I would like to have it
directed to the nonexistent directory with "\index.cfm" appended.  Sounds
weird, I know, but this will trigger the onMissingTemplate component in
coldfusion, rather than giving me the standard apache 404.

so /directory/item-1/ should go to /directory/item-1/index.cfm

Thank you.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: redirect non-existing directory request to that directory with file name appended

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.

On 2/26/2013 2:39 PM, Matthew Smith wrote:
> Tried this but it causes a 500 error.  Any ideas where I am off?
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteRule (.*) /site_mysite_com/$1/index.cfm [L]
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Matthew Smith <chedderslam@gmail.com
> <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Right now I have this:
>
>     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>     RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>     RewriteRule . /index.cfm [L]
>
>     Which works, but does not do what I want
>
>     Rather than redirecting to the root index.cfm, I would like to have
>     it directed to the nonexistent directory with "\index.cfm" appended.
>      Sounds weird, I know, but this will trigger the onMissingTemplate
>     component in coldfusion, rather than giving me the standard apache 404.
>
>     so /directory/item-1/ should go to /directory/item-1/index.cfm
>
>     Thank you.
>

> --
> Regards,
> chedder is bedder

Like this?

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.cfm?q=$1 [L,QSA]

It sounds like you are looking for the functionality that QSA (Query
String Append) provides.

-Ben

[users@httpd] Re: redirect non-existing directory request to that directory with file name appended

Posted by Matthew Smith <ch...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Matthew Smith <ch...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Right now I have this:
>
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteRule . /index.cfm [L]
>
> Which works, but does not do what I want
>
> Rather than redirecting to the root index.cfm, I would like to have it
> directed to the nonexistent directory with "\index.cfm" appended.  Sounds
> weird, I know, but this will trigger the onMissingTemplate component in
> coldfusion, rather than giving me the standard apache 404.
>
> so /directory/item-1/ should go to /directory/item-1/index.cfm
>
> Thank you.

chedder is bedder