Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2005/09/21 19:39:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r290736...

On Sep 21, 2005, at 18:26, adelmelle@apache.org wrote:

A question for Finn, I presume...

> Author: adelmelle
> Date: Wed Sep 21 09:25:57 2005
> New Revision: 290736

> Log:
> Added fallback for specified negative or zero for column-number

As you see, only now --*after* writing an implementation for the
initial values of column-numbers-- do I seem to understand the wonders
of our Property system.

IYO, would it be cleaner to move the logic that is currently contained
in Table.addCellNode(), TableBody.addCellNode(),
TableRow.addChildNode() to the Maker's get() method?

I mean: let the PropertyMaker take care of:
- updating the Table/TableBody/TableRow columnIndex
- throwing an Exception if the column-number is already in use (overlap)
etc.

I'm beginning to think that my implementation, although it works like a
charm in well above 90% of the cases, has put the right code in the
wrong places...

Cheers,

Andreas