Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ian Turner <ve...@vectro.org> on 2013/08/03 04:14:03 UTC

Re: ADDRESS_IN_SUBJECT et al

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:31:57 PM Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
> You have trained more ham than spam. That's not necessarily a problem,
> and opinions differ greatly. But it might be indication your Bayes is
> skewed.

Hmm. I'm not really sure how that can be. Anything detected as spam is
rejected at SMTP time and autolearned. Everything else is autolearned as ham,
although my users are pretty good at picking out the spam and reporting it as
such (we then relearn as ham).

> Are you filtering mailing-list traffic through SA? Do you manually train
> them as ham, or did that happen by auto-learning?

Yes (not my mailing lists but others'), by auto-learning.

> Do you use site-wide or per-user Bayes? Do you (manually) train by the
> same user SA runs as while filtering?

Site-wide. All training is done as the SA user. The bayes database only
contains one userid.

> You also might need some serious spam training.

What does this mean?

--Ian