Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net> on 2003/03/11 06:58:08 UTC

Rhino with continuations cvs

Just wanted to let people know that thanks to Steven Noels and Ovidiu
the Rhino interpreter with continuations recently got a CVS repository
at cocoondev.org:

http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhino1_5R4pre

Regards,

Chris

Re: Rhino with continuations cvs

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Christopher Oliver wrote:

>>> Honestly, I don't think that will happen any time soon. My changes
>>> were based on a snapshot from March of last year. During that time
>>> one of the  Rhino developers has modified virtually every class I
>>> extended in incompitible ways. Although not impossible, merging with
>>> his changes would be a major effort and I at least won't have time to
>>> do it.
>>

>> Ok. I think it would be very helpful if you could provide at least a
>> short documentation of what you did and what you had to patch to make
>> the system work so that others might jump in and help.
>>

> No problem. I'd be happy to do that. For now, if anyone is interested,
> you should look here:
>
> http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhino1_5R4pre/src/org/mozilla/javascript/continuations/?cvsroot=rhino

Great. Thanks.

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>>
>>> Just wanted to let people know that thanks to Steven Noels and Ovidiu
>>> the Rhino interpreter with continuations recently got a CVS
>>> repository at cocoondev.org:
>>>
>>> http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhino1_5R4pre
>>

>> That's very good.
>>
>> BTW, do you have any news on the merging your patches into the main
>> rhino tree at mozilla.org?
>

> Honestly, I don't think that will happen any time soon. My changes were
> based on a snapshot from March of last year. During that time one of the
>  Rhino developers has modified virtually every class I extended in
> incompitible ways. Although not impossible, merging with his changes
> would be a major effort and I at least won't have time to do it.

Ok. I think it would be very helpful if you could provide at least a
short documentation of what you did and what you had to patch to make
the system work so that others might jump in and help.

No rush, of course, but in the future, I would love to see cocoon stop
depending on unreleased software.

Posted by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Christopher Oliver wrote:
> Just wanted to let people know that thanks to Steven Noels and Ovidiu
> the Rhino interpreter with continuations recently got a CVS repository
> at cocoondev.org:
>
> http://cvs.cocoondev.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhino1_5R4pre

That's very good.

BTW, do you have any news on the merging your patches into the main
rhino tree at mozilla.org?

s.