Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/08 09:31:58 UTC

ApacheCon NA 2016 - May 9-13 in Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

Have you ever wanted to attend the leading *Apache* event on Open Source to
meet up with the people behind (the code of) our Apache OFBiz project and
talk shop or meet up with the people participating in all those other
interesting Apache projects? But you never could, because of the cost
involved....

I wanted that and I had the same issue... Luckily for me - and a lot of
others before and with me - and for* you* of course, the Apache Software
Foundation has a program running to help out.

This program, executed by the Apache Travel Assistance Committee (*TAC* for
short), enables selected persons to attend the *ApacheCon NA 2016 *event.
And the good thing is that the TAC *will pick up the bill* regarding
flight, stay and meals. And of course the *attendance fee* of the event.

I bet, by now you might feel *excited* about being able to attend ApacheCon
NA 2016 and visit the beautiful city of *Vancouver in Canada* as well and
rearing to read the rest of this posting to find out how to apply for this
reimbursement, but hold on a sec.
As Heinlein wrote in 'The moon is a hard mistress': TANSTAAFL (
http://s.apache.org/tanstaafl). And that applies here too; if you get
selected for reimbursement, you will be asked/required to *help out* during
the days of the event with on the ground operations (e.g. assisting
speakers, performing head counts). A small price for such an opportunity, I
would say! And what an opportunity that is...

So, if you want to attend and need help with the cost, go to the Apache TAC
site (*www.apache.org/travel* <http://www.apache.org/travel>) and apply
there. Should you have questions, feel free to ask me (via a direct mail),
or members of the TAC (see: http://s.apache.org/tac-pmc)

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com/>*