Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Fred Krom <Fr...@ict.nl> on 1999/03/19 09:28:42 UTC

mod_proxy/4086: Wrong error code for PROXY ERROR (500)

>Number:         4086
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Wrong error code for PROXY ERROR (500)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
In the previous apache server 1.3.1 i get the folowing error message on a
not know host, and it was clear for the user view.
--------------------------------
Proxy Error

The proxy server could not handle the request GET http://www.bla.nl/.

Reason: Host not found Proxy Error
On the server 1.3.4 i get the next error message, and people are calling me
if the site is down.

Please contact the server administrator, Fred.Krom@ict.nl and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have caused the error.

I think it is simple but dit not find my way in the source.
Greatings Fred Krom.
>How-To-Repeat:
Try a not know site with both proxy server versions.
>Fix:
The error now is not clear, and people are confused.