Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Gr...@MDSUK.COM on 2006/03/03 12:37:38 UTC

parallel samplers and nested thread groups

Hi,

In my load I want to test the following scenario as JDBC requests.

As a one off the user logs in (there’s one JDBC request attributed to
this) they can then view either a level one, level two or level three
summary screen with (60% 30% or 10%) probability for each. Each summary
screen is built via an initial JDBC request/SQL statement (for the header)
followed by say 4 simultaneous JDBC requests.

I’ve got myself really confused trying to implement this as a JMeter
testplan.

I guess I can use a mixture of  a once only controller and the throughout
controller to simulate the logon, and probabilistic ‘level ? summary’
.selection.  However I’m thrown as to how I then implement the summary
screen samplers, i.e. the single request followed by 4 simultaneous
requests. At first I hoped to use a nested thread group, however from

Please tell me I’ve missed another nice trick.

Many thanks

Greg

Re: parallel samplers and nested thread groups

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The HTTP Sampler can generate subsamples when it downloads derived
resources - so that might give some ideas for how to return more than
one sample result.

This should also show the samples correctly in the Tree View Listener.

S.

Posted by Gr...@MDSUK.COM.

http://www.star.net.uk

Re: parallel samplers and nested thread groups

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

http://www.star.net.uk

Re: parallel samplers and nested thread groups

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.