Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Faulkner <ja...@messagemotion.com.au> on 2005/07/14 08:31:57 UTC

MTA developer question

Hello all,

We are permission based MTA developers who have strict anti-spamming
conditions of use for our applications, and we also have inbuilt
technology that allows us to disable our clients use of our solutions if
they are reported for spamming practices.

How can an organisation such as ours, whose clients include local
schools, sporting clubs as well as large multi-nationals develop our
solutions in line with SPAM Assassin email best practices?

Kind regards,

Jason Faulkner Managing Director
Mob: 0418 430 751
HYPERLINK "mailto:jason@messagemotion.com.au"jason@messagemotion.com.au
HYPERLINK "http://www.messagemotion.com.au/"www.messagemotion.com.au

Online messaging strategies and solutions
HYPERLINK "http://www.messagemotion.com/adserver/adclick.php?n=a939802a"
\n

13/07/2005

Re: MTA developer question

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.
[ cc'd users list in my reply, hope you don't mind ]

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:12:25PM +1000, Jason Faulkner wrote:
> As my users create their newsletters, etc, I would like my application
> to automatically give them a spam assassin type of score that it uses to
> parse their email before they send it. That way they can make sure that
> any keywords are removed, etc, before sending.

Interesting idea, you can ceryainly try that, but keep in mind that
SpamAssassin tests more than just the body -- stuff like network tests
don't really work until a messages is sent.

> I would also like to look at an accreditation system here in Australia
> that Australian business can subscribe to, etc, that could ultimately
> become part of your application? Any idea how I go about this, ie what
> would your system require we do as a minimum to qualify as an "anti spam
> accredited system".

Essentially you would need to come up with a system in which sent mail
can be identified as ham with very minimal false positives, and very
minimal potential for abuse. (Hint: this is very difficult) Also, it
has to be palatable for the community. (This is vague, I know)

--
Duncan Findlay

Re: MTA developer question

Posted by Duncan Findlay <du...@debian.org>.
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 04:31:57PM +1000, Jason Faulkner wrote:
> How can an organisation such as ours, whose clients include local
> schools, sporting clubs as well as large multi-nationals develop our
> solutions in line with SPAM Assassin email best practices?

Questions like this are probably better suited for the users mailing
list, but the following link might help you out.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/AvoidingFpsForSenders

--
Duncan Findlay