Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Heitzso <he...@bellsouth.net> on 2002/06/25 13:30:11 UTC

type=anyType problem

I'm coding mozilla/javascript/soap/client to talk
to axis/server and am wanting to pass in an array
of an object.  I've already successfully coded a RPC
where the input parameter is the simple object.
However, with the array, I'm hitting the variant type
problem. In javascript an array is untyped:
	var array = new Array();
and is serialized as "anyType".

axis doesn't know how to deserialize "anyType".  I
tried changing my input parameter from a typed
array over to a List but axis still complains
about not having a deserializer for anyType.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?  I'm
guessing the problem shows up with other
untyped languages (VBScript, ?).

Thanks,
Heitzso