Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2005/01/04 23:53:39 UTC

Re: 1.4.3 breaks 1.4.1 QueryParser functionality

Erik,

The signature I'm overriding is

    protected Query getFieldQuery (String field,
                                   Analyzer a,
                                   String queryText)
        throws ParseException

It gets called with a query string of the form

   field:text

but no longer with a query string of the form

   field:"text1 text2"

Bill

Posted by Daniel Naber <da...@t-online.de>.
On Tuesday 04 January 2005 23:53, Bill Janssen wrote:

>     protected Query getFieldQuery (String field,
>                                    Analyzer a,
>                                    String queryText)
>         throws ParseException

You're right, the problem is that we should call the deprecated method for
example in getFieldQuery(String field, String queryText, int slop).
However, there's a simple workaround: just remove the "analyzer" parameter
from your method.

Regards
 Daniel

--