Posted to notifications@logging.apache.org by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org> on 2017/11/12 15:54:03 UTC

Jenkins build is still unstable: Log4j 2.x #3169

See <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/3169/display/redirect?page=changes>

Jenkins build is back to stable : Log4j 2.x #3171

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
See <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/3171/display/redirect?page=changes>

Re: Jenkins build is still unstable: Log4j 2.x #3170

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Nice find!

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Jenkins build is still unstable: Log4j 2.x #3170

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.
It works now!

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.
Makes sense, fixed.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
The file should be deleted before the test starts and after it finishes. If it fails for some reason it will still leave the file lying around so deleting it before the test insures a clean environment.

Ralph

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.
Same problem again in latest build (#3182).

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=hadoop.log&type=

I see at least one test that's trying to use the java.io.tmpdir for said
file. The only reason why a file named /tmp/hadoop.log couldn't be created
would be because it already exists and is owned by a different user on the
server, and I doubt that scenario happens much when everything runs under a
Jenkins user or similar.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Jenkins build is still unstable: Log4j 2.x #3170

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Apache Jenkins Server <je...@builds.apache.org>.
See <https://builds.apache.org/job/Log4j%202.x/3170/display/redirect?page=changes>