Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dinesh Akhand <di...@amdocs.com> on 2018/05/29 11:08:45 UTC

Need information about vf.gf.locator.status.cmd & vf.gf.locator.status.cmd

Hi Team,

What is vf.gf.locator.status.cmd , vf.gf.locator.status.cmd file ,which are getting created in locator working dir.
I am trying to understand it , in what scenario these file are getting created.

Both files are empty  and locator is going down.
Could you please provide information about these files.

Thanks,
Dinesh Akhand

you may review at https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer <https://www.amdocs.com/about/email-disclaimer>

Re: Need information about vf.gf.locator.status.cmd & vf.gf.locator.status.cmd

Posted by Jens Deppe <je...@apache.org>.
Hi Dinesh

vf.gf.locator.status.cmd and vf.gf.locator.stop.cmd are 'watchdog' files
used to send commands to the locator. In this case, they are used to
request status and to request the locator to stop. There are similar files,
called vf.gf.server.* for the servers. These are just internal files and
should not be changed or deleted by the user.

--Jens

Posted by Jens Deppe <je...@apache.org>.
Hi Dinesh