Posted to users@maven.apache.org by MI...@fiberlink.com on 2005/09/27 20:52:25 UTC

and scoping

Is there a particular reason that the <artifact:dependencies> task has no
way to specify
which level of scoping you are looking for?  It would be nice if I could
do the following:

<artifact:dependencies scope="compile"
                  pathId="compile.classpath"
                  filesetid="compile.fileset>...</artifact:dependencies>

<artifact:dependencies scope="compile,test"
                  pathId="test.classpath"
                  filesetId="test.fileset">...</artifact:dependencies>

<artifact:dependencies scope="compile,runtime"
                  pathId="deploy.classpath"
                  filesetId="deploy.fileset">...</artifact:dependencies>

<javac classpathref="compile.classpath"
             src="${src.dir}" >
</javac>

<javac classpathref="test.classpath"
             src="${test.src.dir}" >
</javac>

<copy todir="webstage/WEB-INF/lib">

<war ...>
    <lib refid="deploy.fileset" />
</war>

---------------------
Matthew Inger
Fiberlink Communications Corp
215-664-1723

Re: and scoping

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Please file a feature request in JIRA.

Thanks,
Brett

On 9/28/05, MInger@fiberlink.com <MI...@fiberlink.com> wrote:
> Sorry, found the "useScope" attribute in the source code, which is not
> documented in the ant tasks documentation page.
> However, i've also found something else missing, which is retrieving
> arbitrary types of dependencies, such as tld
> files.
>
> I'd like to be able to do this:
>
> <artifact:dependencies filesetId="webapp.tlds"
>             type="tld">
>     <pom refid="project.pom" />
> </artifact>
>

> From there, i can use that in a war task or copy, or whatever.
>
> ---------------------
> Matthew Inger
> Fiberlink Communications Corp
> 215-664-1723
>

> MInger@fiberlink.com
> 09/27/2005 02:52 PM
> Please respond to
> "Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

> users@maven.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> <artifact:dependencies> and scoping
>

> Is there a particular reason that the <artifact:dependencies> task has no
> way to specify
> which level of scoping you are looking for?  It would be nice if I could
> do the following:
>

> <artifact:dependencies scope="compile"
>                   pathId="compile.classpath"
>                   filesetid="compile.fileset>...</artifact:dependencies>
>
> <artifact:dependencies scope="compile,test"
>                   pathId="test.classpath"
>                   filesetId="test.fileset">...</artifact:dependencies>
>
> <artifact:dependencies scope="compile,runtime"
>                   pathId="deploy.classpath"
>                   filesetId="deploy.fileset">...</artifact:dependencies>
>

> <javac classpathref="compile.classpath"
>              src="${src.dir}" >
> </javac>
>
> <javac classpathref="test.classpath"