Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Everton Agner <ev...@yahoo.com.br> on 2010/03/26 15:49:52 UTC

[T5.1] Problem with imported maven T5.1 project

Hi,

I moved a T5 Project (maven project) from one computer to another, and I'm having this Exception when starting Tomcat:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter SecurityTest
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter

I know there was problems with the Tapestry Formos maven repository, and I added the Apache Repository - So, the dependencies are being loaded normally. Also, the generated project WAR file contains all the Tapestry Libs, which confused me why I'm having this Exception.

I'm new to Maven, so it may be some confusion of mine...

I appreciate any help :)

Thanks!

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

Res: [T5.1] Problem with imported maven T5.1 project

Posted by Everton Agner <ev...@yahoo.com.br>.
I'm running Tomcat by it's instance on Eclipse... So, just to make sure, I've removed the instance and created a new one.. But I'm still having the
same problems. So, I don't believe it's Tomcat's fault this time.

Thanks.

________________________________
De: Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>
Para: Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 26 de Março de 2010 15:01:22
Assunto: Re: [T5.1] Problem with imported maven T5.1 project

Don't be offended if your a wicked Tomcat guru and you've already been
down this path, but if you've previously started Tomcat with a bad WAR
then it's likely that Tomcat is still keeping around the bad war in
it's exploded directory (which doesn't have the jar file) and ignoring
your nice new war file... that'd be my first/best guess.

Josh

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Everton Agner
<ev...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I moved a T5 Project (maven project) from one computer to another, and I'm having this Exception when starting Tomcat:
>
> SEVERE: Exception starting filter SecurityTest
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tapestry5.TapestryFilter
>
> I know there was problems with the Tapestry Formos maven repository, and I added the Apache Repository - So, the dependencies are being loaded normally. Also, the generated project WAR file contains all the Tapestry Libs, which confused me why I'm having this Exception.
>
> I'm new to Maven, so it may be some confusion of mine...
>
> I appreciate any help :)
>
> Thanks!
>

>      ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! +Buscados
> http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

http://www.bodylabgym.com - a private, by appointment only, one-on-one
health and fitness facility.
--
http://www.ectransition.com - Quality Electronic Cigarettes at a
reasonable price!

Posted by Everton Agner <ev...@yahoo.com.br>.
Ha! You solved the problem. :)

I've deleted the T5 jars from the .m2 directory and updated the projects dependencies... And it worked.

Thank you!!

________________________________
De: Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>
Para: Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 26 de Março de 2010 15:13:41

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:01:22 -0300, Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't be offended if your a wicked Tomcat guru and you've already been
> down this path, but if you've previously started Tomcat with a bad WAR
> then it's likely that Tomcat is still keeping around the bad war in
> it's exploded directory (which doesn't have the jar file) and ignoring
> your nice new war file... that'd be my first/best guess.

Or a corrupt JAR. Try deleting all the Tapestry JARs in your local repository, forcing Maven to redownload them.

--Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Independent Java, Apache Tapestry 5 and Hibernate consultant, developer, and instructor
Owner, software architect and developer, Ars Machina Tecnologia da Informação Ltda.
http://www.arsmachina.com.br

http://br.maisbuscados.yahoo.com

Re: [T5.1] Problem with imported maven T5.1 project

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.