Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/24 02:30:41 UTC

NFS on RDMA

HI

Is there any way to mount NFS over RDMA .

We need to do :

*mount -o proto=rdma,port=20049 *

for Moiuting NFS over RDMA

Hean Seng

Re: NFS on RDMA

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.
At this moment, i think not yet support .  but i think if customize the nfs
connection parameter,  i think it is possible.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 7:00 PM Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hean,
> sound like a cool feature (a bit late in my reply, sorry)
> I think as far as cloudstack is concerned the feature would be adding nfs
> options (shouldn't be rdma specific) I don't think we support that right
> now.
>
> On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 2:30 AM Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > HI
> >
> > Is there any way to mount NFS over RDMA .
> >
> > We need to do :
> >
> > *mount -o proto=rdma,port=20049 *
> >
> > for Moiuting NFS over RDMA
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hean Seng
> >

> --
> Daan

Hean Seng

Re: NFS on RDMA

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

On 10/02/2021 12:00, Daan Hoogland wrote:
> Hean,
> sound like a cool feature (a bit late in my reply, sorry)
> I think as far as cloudstack is concerned the feature would be adding nfs
> options (shouldn't be rdma specific) I don't think we support that right
> now.

It's very similar to this one:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/issues/4482

NFS for example also accepts 'udp' or 'tcp' as proto options where it
defaults to TCP.

We probably want to expand the NFS Primary Storage that it allows for
more options then it currently does.

Wido

Re: NFS on RDMA

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.