Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2002/07/04 00:30:30 UTC

Just how cooked is Struts Validation at this point?

How ready to use do people consider the validation portion of Struts right
now?  I'm basing this question on having spent several hours trying to get
it installed, and discovering that:

1) It required commons-validator
2) commons-validator has never been made available as a binary
3) Building the nightly commons dist is an adventure

Personally, I don't feel comfortable using or recommending software based
on a package (commons-validator) still classified as pre-release.  Does
anyone have a feel for when this code is going to enter a stable phase?

Thanks,
James

Re: Just how cooked is Struts Validation at this point?

Posted by Chuck Cavaness <ch...@attbi.com>.
I've used it in 1.1b quite a bit and find it very stable and have used it
in more than just trivial examples. I also know or several large projects
using it, both within Struts and in the business components. No issues. I
would recommend using it.

For what that's worth,
Chuck

Posted by Kevin Henrikson <ke...@openwave.com>.
Well maybe you should go with Struts 1.1b  We've been using this for a while now
and haven't run into any major issues.   I think you're complicating your
problem by trying to roll your own from the nightly which is in transition on
several fronts.  IMHO if you go with 1.1b and you'll be a much happier camper.

-kevin