Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Nash <Ji...@plumtree.com> on 2004/07/09 22:42:07 UTC

javax.management classloading

Using tomcat 4.1, my web app packaged without JMX support classes (mx4j
in my case) does not seem to have access to Tomcat's javax.management
classes.  That is, when I remove MX4J jars from my war file and deploy
the war normally, when Tomcat's class loader loads the class within my
webapp that contains my JMX stuff, I get a NotCompliantMBeanException.

I can copy Tomcat's mx4j jar files from server/lib to shared/lib and get
the proper behavior, but this seems a bit hackish.

Is there a way, and if so what is the right way, to gain access to
Tomcat's JMX MBean server (and to javax.* classes) used by tomcat
itself?

Thx, Jim