Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by bradtwurst <na...@xoxy.net> on 2007/05/08 17:47:34 UTC

thread pool configuration question

I am trying to understand thread pooling for sm-3.1 and I was looking for
help with the following condition.

I have a lightweight pojo service the persists data and contains various
pieces of business logic.

Usually, the messages into the system are fairly lightweight and require
only a small fraction of time (less then 1 sec).

I have one type of message that is fairly long running, normally about 5
minutes.  Not a big deal in itself, but these types of messages arrive to
servicemix in a bunch.

When these messages arrive, they consume the resources (mostly cpu) and the
system response time goes into the crapper for all messages.

So, how do I tune servicemix for this situation?

My current thoughts are to create two separate lightweight processes, one
for the short processes and one for the longer processes.

How do I configure the thread pool for this scenario?  Can anyone provide an
example configuration of the factory?  I will gladly update the page with
any provided information.

On the thread pool webpage, it indicates that I can configure a thread pool
for each component.  I am confused by this statement.  Does that mean that
there is one thread pool for all LW components?  Or is there a separate
thread pool for LW component 1 and LW component 2?

Thanks,
James