Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Om <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/04 02:11:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

The source and binary kits for both Mac and Windows are available here:

http://people.apache.org/~bigosmallm/installapacheflex_2.0_RC2/
*

Issues fixed in RC2:
*

1.  Fixed issue where changing languages caused selections to be cleared
2.  While changing languages, buttons will automatically enlarge to fit all
the text
3.  More translations made possible by Roland and Nick
4.  Fixed README, RELEASE_NOTES, RELEASE_GUIDE and build.properties files
for more accuracy.

Issues fixed in RC1:
1.  UI of the components selection and license screen has been fixed to use
just checkboxes for selection
2.  All the various locales have been enabled.
3.  By default, Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 downloads Adobe Flash Player
11.1 and Adobe AIR SDK 3.4.  If you want to change it to any other
supported combination, you save a copy of the config file found at:
http://incubator.apache.org/flex/sdk-installer-config-2.0.xml, modify the
download urls to point to the required versions.  Then run the app from
command line mode with the optional command line parameter: -config=<path
to config file>

Thanks,
Om & Justin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Nick Tsitlakidis <ni...@perfectedz.com>.
Hey guys, translation looks great and the button resizing works as expected.

There are some secondary places where more translations are needed so if
you plan to produce another RC I can work on this. That being said, my
opinion is to start a vote and have the installer released because these
issues are too minor. 90% of the Greek locale is ok and the 10% that's left
will probably never be seen by the users anyway.

--
Nick Tsitlakidis,

CEO and Software Architect at Perfect Edge LTD.
www.perfectedz.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 1/4/13 1 :12AM, "flexcapacitor@gmail.com" <fl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I've read through some of the previous threads on this and the config xml
>and I don't know what was decided if anything. What I'd want to see in it
>is default to downloading the latest Flash Player, AIR and playerglobal
>swc. Is there are any reasons to have previous versions? I'm guessing
>they're needed for testing with Mustella (which I haven't had time to get
>into)? If so can there be a dropdown list to select the versions we want?
>The config xml could contain the list of options. If we host that list on
>the server we could always be up to date (or have the option to pull down
>new or different configs).

I think we've already discussed this.  The problem I see with offering all
the options is that it implies they all work in any combination.  I don't
think we have the person-power to do all that testing.

Carol

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/flex/4.8.0-incubating/
--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/6/13 4:56 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> I asked on Infra.  It could be that SVN guarantees the transfer?
> In theory it should as should but I've also had scp says it copied the file
> fine but the md5 hash not match.
Infra says SVN is good enough.  I don't know if scp builds in a checksum
verification, but I'm guessing that SVN does.  If you have further
questions, please email infra directly.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 6, 2013 4:09 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Justin, any update on the Mac binaries for the release?  Once we get
that,
> > the voting can begin.
>
> Just uploading via SVN  to the correct location. You can start the vote.
>
> Is there any way to double check the md5 on the remote system? I liked
that with scp/ssh you could run md5 checks once the files have uploaded so
you know nothing went wrong.

.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Justin, any update on the Mac binaries for the release?  Once we get that,
> the voting can begin.
Sorry didn't know you wanted some - get right to it.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Om,

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Justin,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I think I'll ask infra.  I didn't see any folders in there for other
projects either.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
>From the link Alex sent, release candidates should go here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/

But this directory is missing.  I tried creating it, but I dont have the
permissions.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Reference: http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#upload-ci

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:

> The dist folder is now available.  Seems like it is time to do an RC3 that
> removes the "incubator" references?

I am working on it.  Will send out the [VOTE] thread soon.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
They might already be translated being mostly standard lo open source
licences.

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Nick Tsitlakidis <ni...@perfectedz.com>.
Excellent. Downloading.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.
Nick,

Posted by Nick Tsitlakidis <ni...@perfectedz.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
FWIW, I'm seeing some action from Infra on getting the TLP tasks completed.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Flex SDK Installer 2.0 - RC2

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.