Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/21 21:14:40 UTC

Testing Solr 5

Hi,

I am writing something that - will - depend on Solr 5. As I usually
work with released versions, I am not entirely sure of the correct
workflow.

I can check out branch_5x and do my research against that. I assume
that's the correct source for what will land in version 5.

But if I find an issue, do I then report it against 5? Or do I need to
retest that against trunk and report against trunk? I don't know how
in-sync these two are at this point.

I've checked https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HackingSolr but it is not
specific enough (and is actually out of date regarding version 5).

Regards,
   Alex.

Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov
Solr resources and newsletter: http://www.solr-start.com/ and @solrstart
Solr popularizers community: https://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=6713853

Re: Testing Solr 5

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Well, my concern was mostly about not reporting something against
brunch_5x that may have already been fixed in trunk (to avoid
JIRA-spam). I am not sure I am yet at the patch skill-level.

But I got my answer and the extra knowledge is extra power, so I am
not complaining. :-)

Re: Testing Solr 5

Re: Testing Solr 5

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.