Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by "Mr. Nassos A. Michas" <na...@eurodyn.com> on 2006/03/20 14:53:37 UTC

POJO + Spring configuration: ClassNotFoundException

Hello all,

I'm trying the basic example on http://www.itarchitect.co.uk/articles/display.asp?id=222 and I've modified the vsjmix.xml provided on the page (I left in just the basics at the moment...) as:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/config/1.0">
	<sm:container id="jbi" useMBeanServer="true"
		createMBeanServer="true" dumpStats="true" statsInterval="10">
		<sm:activationSpecs>
			<sm:activationSpec componentName="mailSender" service="my:mailSender">
				<sm:component>
					<bean class="MyMailer"/>
				</sm:component>
			</sm:activationSpec>

			<sm:activationSpec componentName="receiver" service="my:receiver" destinationService="my:mailSender">
				<sm:component>
					<bean class="MyReceiver"/>
				</sm:component>
			</sm:activationSpec>
		</sm:activationSpecs>
	</sm:container>
</beans>

I'm running SM ("..\..\bin\servicemix vsjmix.xml") from %SM_HOME%/examples/vsjmix. My xml as well as the (two) class files are also there. The problem I'm facing is that no matter where I place the class files I keep getting a:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: MyMailer
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.RealmClassLoader.loadClassDirect(RealmClassLoader.java:195)

I'm very new to SM so I know I should be missing something, but what? :-)

I use the latest binary snapshot (18/3) of SM, java 1.5.0-b64 and I'm on win2k.

Thanks!

Nassos

Re: POJO + Spring configuration: ClassNotFoundException

Posted by Jamie McCrindle <ja...@gmail.com>.
I believe that one way would be to put them in a jar file and put that
into your %SM_HOME%\lib directory.