Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Anton Potehin <an...@orbita1.ru> on 2005/11/08 11:22:43 UTC

rank system

What about scoring in mapred? I have looked crawl/crawl.java but I did
not found anything concerned with page scores calculating. Does the
mapred use ranking system somehow?

Is it possible to use mapred for clustering whole-web crawling or it
works with Intranet Crawling only?

RE: rank system

Posted by an...@orbita1.ru.
Alright i see in crawl/Indexer.java in method "reduce" object class dbDatum
which contain score. But where calculate this score?
What formula using when calculate score?

Pre score calculation is done in the indexer.
Yes it works with complete webcrawls as well, and it works very well
for that. :-)

Stefan

Re: rank system

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.