Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2004/09/11 23:46:37 UTC

Re: [Vote] Confluence -- A mini tour

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 10:49:57PM +0200, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>
> >[X] Yes, ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
> >[ ] No, don't ask Apache infrastructure to install confluence
>
> I don't know much about Confluence, and don't see "Don't care" option :(
> Anyway, I'm open for new ideas and have voted yes (it's time to see how
> good Confluence really is, but at the same time I'm wondering what the
> next platform we'll be moving to when Confluence will be driving Dain
> nuts ;))

Groovy has a pretty good confluence setup which should give you an
idea of what it's like.

Here is the groovy website:

  http://groovy.codehaus.org/

Here is the front page of the website again with a list of operations
you can take on the page listed down the left.  Note, if you had an
account on the codehaus confluence and were loggen in you woule see
"Edit Page" in the list of operations.

  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Home

I logged in, clicked the "Edit Page" link, and copy/pasted the source
of the front page so everyone can see what it looks like.

  http://codehaus.org/~dblevins/confluence/frontpage.txt

You can get PDFs from confluence too.  Here is the frontpage as a PDF.

  http://codehaus.org/~dblevins/confluence/frontpage.pdf

You can actually export as much of the site as you want as a PDF.

  http://docs.codehaus.org/spaces/exportspace.action?key=GROOVY

Hmm, wouldn't it be nice to read the Language Guide section of the
groovy website on the plane?

  The Website Page:     http://groovy.codehaus.org/Language+Guide
  The Confluence Page:  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Language+Guide
  The Exported PDF:     http://codehaus.org/~dblevins/confluence/language_guide.pdf

There is a little tour of what you could do with confluence.

-David