Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Boulay Arnaud <ab...@sopragroup.com> on 2004/07/06 12:10:52 UTC

scripts for Workers

Hi !
I'm looking for scripts that work like startup.sh and shutdown.sh but with multi tomcat targets (workers).
those scripts are for linux.
Thanks,
Arnaud

Re: scripts for Workers

Posted by Pete Stokes <st...@quinn-direct.com>.
If you are talking about workers on the same machine, simply hit each
startup.sh et al in turn.

If you are talking about workers on many different machines :

(On a central PC)

Do an array of server IP's with a common username (i.e. "tomcat") - (and
tomcat directory - i.e. /usr/local/tomcat).
The workers must have the ssh key of the central PC in each known_hosts
file.
Simply iterate round your workers array (for each IP) and use ssh to
execure a remote command, $IP $TOMCAT_HOME/bin/startup.sh

Pete.